Hail and Well-Met, Fellow Cygnian! (Introductions)

Welcome to the Smugglers of Cygnus Forum, galactic traveler.

Though an introduction is not required to participate, you are invited and encouraged to make your introductions here for the benefit of your fellow travelers. Links to web pages, web journals, social media accounts are welcomed.

5 Likes

I go by Miguel, and I am the lead developer at Longplay Games. I’m an avid outdoorsman and if I’m not reading, dreaming about, or creating science fiction, I’m probably on my bike.

6 Likes

Welcome, Miguel! I’m looking forward to conversing with you about the game and your adventures in the great outdoors.

5 Likes

I’m Derby, keeping tabs on this and likely to start doing writing or roleplay as details about the Cygnus universe is officially released and I can get acquainted. As a Trucker by occupation and a space fanatic by hobby, combining both has had my interest for a while.

6 Likes

Welcome, Derby!

I look forward to chatting with you more on the forums and seeing you around the Roleplay area. Very excited to meet a professional trucker who’s also a space and science fiction fanatic, and I am thrilled to have you aboard the Smugglers’ Spaceport.

5 Likes

I’m Descartes, and I’m looking forward to joining in on the fun! The game had my interest, but the concept of actual roleplay in it?

6 Likes

Welcome all! I look forward to your posts and stories.

5 Likes

Hi. I’m Libbie.

I like adventures, fantasy, and science fiction. I heard about Smugglers of Cygnus and then heard about this, so I came to look.

6 Likes

Greetings

Hi, I’m Sten (stenpett if you want to @ me). System Engineer by day, QA Lead and a contributing writer for Longplay Games by night, although I can’t hold a candle to the writing prowess of @JustJess…

I’m an avid Linux user, and a collector of retro computers (or “old crap”, as my wife calls it).

6 Likes

Welcome, Sten!

Thank you for the compliment, though don’t try to fool people into thinking you contribute less to writing the galaxy into existence than you do. :grin:

I definitely share the Linux and retro system love.

5 Likes

My name is Marc Anthony Rodriguez.

Brooklyn Born, World Traveled.

Honored to be here.

6 Likes

I, too, collect treasured relics of a better time. Often referred to as “clutter” by the uninitiated :grinning:

Hi @Libbie, happy to see you’ve found the RP section :slight_smile:

Welcome @SalamiAttack! Great to have you here from the soon-to-be world famous VoxPop Games!

5 Likes

Welcome @Derby, @Descartes, @Libbie, @stenpett, and @SalamiAttack!
Hope you enjoy the forum :rocket:

4 Likes

Hi, welcome Marc! We’re honored to have you here traveling Cygnus with us, and look forward to many adventures and fantastic conversations as we proceed toward the release of Smugglers of Cygnus.

4 Likes

Welcome, Descartes!

Smugglers of Cygnus is being developed as a rich universe, so players create their own characters’ epic adventures through choices made during gameplay. In this way, it does follow roleplay gaming concepts. I’d love to talk to you, however, about what you like and dislike about the storytelling aspects of video games you’ve played over the coming months.

Creating a replayable story in a captivating setting is my primary goal as lead writer on Smugglers of Cygnus. The input of the gaming community is not just welcome, it’s wanted.

In the forums, here, I’d love to see–and participate in!–forum-created role-playing opportunities. I am a huge fan of group storytelling, and I look forward to spending time reading and participating in forum roleplaying games.

Very excited to have you aboard Smugglers’ Spaceport, Descartes!

4 Likes

Welcome, Libbie!

We’re happy to have you aboard the Smugglers’ Spaceport, and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

4 Likes

Looking forward to it! As I understand it from what I’ve seen so far, it is a single-player game set in a distant galaxy. I’d love to learn more about the cultures and species! Only know what I’ve seen dropped on discord and twitter so far. It really inspires me to create a special little story for my “pirate-turned-bartender” concept.

4 Likes