Alpha 0 Feedback Thread

ALPHA 0:

Please drop any feedback on Alpha 0 here.

2 Likes

Star Chart Location - On the way to Waypoint 0, “It’s not trash”

The first Godot Alpha is now out, so please let me know how you like it, and any issues you run into:

Known bugs:

• Rescaling the planet and moon caused some issues with the delivery range, they’re too large now. That’s ok, it’ll be fixed shortly.
  • I thought I fixed an issue with the visuals on the right side engine, but somehow it didn’t get into the release.
  • There’s still some screen transition flickering - that should also be addressed soon.
  • You can’t click on the info for the jobs once they’re already taken - that’s fixed in the patch I’m working on now.
  • Controls are still very much work-in-progress
  • Missions are not available quite yet, as “Bad Luck” Bart is working on damage control right now.
  • Only minimal performance tuning has been done so far.
  • Currently intra-system travel is limited to just the one locality.
  • Support for xp, joysticks, missions, remapping, volume - all that and more is coming.
  • If you like the game music, show Hexenkraft some love: https://hexenkraft.bandcamp.com/

Feedback on the forum is appreciated, you can do so in this thread here or you can join the chat server and tell us directly! https://matrix.to/#/#longplay_games:matrix.org

Patreon Backers at the $1 and up tiers will get priorty on fixes, feedback and requests. Everyone’s feedback is of interest, however.

Thank you for coming with us on our journey to release! We’ll be uploading new patches every couple weeks now that we’re back on track.

Please drop any feedback on Alpha 0 here.

1 Like

Watching @L1L_F3LL4’s stream today - he was able to stream Smugglers on a 1080 card at a solid 60fps, so that was good to see.
Definitely saw some gamepad stuff though, so I’ll be looking heavily into the gamepad portion to improve that (even though his issue was different than @JustJess’s and seemed more like it didn’t like being on a USB hub)

Not sure if the micro usb end was fully in but had to unplug twice before it registered the controller to allow me to use it lol

1 Like

Ahhhh. That’s good to know, actually. Mine has a lot of issues with that too, so I often use it as a bluetooth controller. It’s like MS made the microUSB a little bit too large or something.

Looks like a bug report from @Gredran on Reddit who had a crash after the ship chooser on one of a few runs.
I’ll have to poke into that, it might be related to the right wing bug that I fixed a few minutes ago.

A feature requested by @Mytho is to have it be much more visible where your delivery target is.
Not just the indicator, but the actual proximity zone - so I’ll be working on making that work.

Addionally a bug was found in the Info tool that broke the ability to fly the ship. Working on that as well.

Here’s a first whack at that feature:

New patch is up!

New Patch: The station now has its first walkable area.

Patch 3 is out!
Now with switchable cockpits, and some placeholder character interactions.

1 Like

Patch 4 is out!
The start of missions, and now asteroids! (Some asteroids have secrets…)

1 Like