Welcome to the May Tournament! Another month, another new track, another shot at a great competition, prizes, and loads of trash talk.
For beings just joining us, let’s go over the rules:
- Post below or contact us on twitter to sign up
- Share the track list below so that everyone can vote on tracks for the racers to compete on. They will be run in the order of votes . 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place tracks will be run in that order, etc.
- There will be a kick off stream on Saturday morning that will open the challenge. At that point, just go into Settings → Reset Track Times, as it’ll be easier to collect your track times.
- Race those tracks all you want , and get those great race times! Make sure to screenshot your times.
- Post your best times for the tracks to twitter/this thread. At least to one of these for it to count!
- FINAL TIMES FOR ALL TRACKS must be posted by Sunday Morning, 10am Eastern Time.
- The FINALISTS will be contacted to arrange a costream Sunday (at a mutually good time), and then the final race is a head-to-head costream, best out of 5 … on the brand new track!
- Due to the odd number of entrants, the top 8 times on the qualifying track 13 (Vulcan) will go to the semifinals to race in the bracketed competition.
What good is a contest without prizes?
Well, here’s what you’re competing for!
- Every official contestant gets stickers only available to tourney racers.
- The finalists both get special root beer themed beard oil custom made by Scented Pixel
- The winner gets an official Cygnus Pizza Race hat, as seen in game (and not for sale), an in-game decal for their ship (of their own graphic), a pizza, and automatic entry into the Tournament of Champions where they will compete for a paid voice role in Smugglers of Cygnus .
Here are the official tracks for the competition! First, Track 13 to qualify for the Amazing Eight, then Track 12, Track 10, and the Finals will be on the new Track 14!
Now with the Qualifier over, here’s the brackets!
Good luck Pizza Pilots!
Leaderboards for this month are amazing!
Unfortunately, only the top 8 on track 13 made it to the brackets, but here we have them: